Thursday, November 19, 2009

Potato Corn Chowder

Every Fall I end up making Potato Corn Chowder. This morning Sydney was delivered to the house about 9 am. She and I were going to make Potato Corn Chowder and Corn Bread. YUM! First of all we put on our aprons and then washed our hands.
Here she is with some of our ingredients. You can't see the onion and garlic cloves.
Sydney had never peeled potatoes but she did a pretty good job, didn't she?
As I cut the onions and potatoes, she put them in a pan with some chicken stock.
After the potatoes & onions had cooked we put it all in the crockpot and she stirred it all up. We turned it on high and made our cornbread.
Syd can really stir good! She also loves cracking the eggs.
After the bread was out and the soup was done we loaded it all up into the car and went to Scottie Dog Quilts. We'd made lunch for the Thursday Sit & Sew Class. Fun, fun!

5 comments:

TheHeatherGirl said...

How fun! Blessed Grandma and Granddaughter!

Unknown said...

YUMMMM I LOVE Corn Chowder & corn bread. Send some my way!

Liz Scott Adams said...

Wow! No wonder Sydney loves going to Grandma's house so much.

Tanya said...

Homemade potato-corn soup will build up your immunities after being sick for so long! And the love added by your granddaughter makes it all the more delicious!

Beka and Jason Haché said...

I think I need your recipe, I tried making my own this week and it was just okay, not that great. I did a bacon, potato corn chowder... I added some cream of chicken soup, but I think maybe I should have done the evaporated milk...