Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...Leaving on a Jet Plane, Don't know when I'll be back again..." Well, that's not entirely true as I do know when I'll be back again. In an hour I'm leaving for the Eureka/Arcata Airport.The airport has two gates: Gate 1 is for departures and Gate 2 is for arrivals. Pretty Simple. You can still park 100 feet from the front entrance (pictured above). And this is the "NEW" (and newly remodeled) terminal. When I first came to Humboldt County they threw your luggage on the grass for you to pick-up....and remember it rains for 8 months out of the year here.
I'm on my way to Minnesota to visit these delightful grandchildren:


Shiloh is 20 months old, Mercedes (Sadies) is 3 1/2 and Jakob is 5 1/2. There will be a new baby in a week to ten days and Grammy gets to be there to play, cook and generally help out. I'm looking forward to seeing the Fall Colors and maybe even a first snow as I'm staying until November 9. Mr. Scottie Dog will only have the cats to keep him company, but we'll talk on the phone every day and skype some, I'm sure. Last night he fixed me a romantic dinner served in the dining room: Grilled Prawns & Wild Salmon. Ummm, ummm!


Sydney had a tea party yesterday afternoon. Just a couple of her "lady" friends, Mom & Grandma. I confess...after tea sandwiches (have you ever tried cucumber on raisin bread? Divine!), chocolate dipped strawberries, deviled eggs, sweet pickles, cream puffs and mini chocolate eclair's.....I ate well yesterday! I'm going to miss everyone in Eureka and Liz will take wonderful care of the store, but at this moment I'm anxious to get going. I want to meed this new member of our family. I'll try to keep in touch some. The end of October I'll meet Liz in Houston for Quilt Market, go back to Beka's house for another week and finally home. I'm sure to have lots of adventures!

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

I love how that backpack is as big as Sadie's whole body!