Sunday, June 30, 2013

Quilt Camp 2013


We wrapped up Quilt Camp 2013 this afternoon.  It's always fun....a marathon of sewing, laughing, giggling (sometimes singing is involved), new friends and old friends (but none of us admit to being old, you understand!), good food and so very much more!
We started out on Friday at 3 pm with a nice "S'mores" kit at each place...these are the microwave kind because we didn't have an open fire.  

Dawn and TJ got right to work!  We had a project called "Pandora" but several people were working on finishing up other projects..... 



Donna was working on her stunning version of "Origami Stars."

Not sure how to turn this photo....It WAS correct until Blogger got a hold of it.  If anyone knows how to turn photos in blogger, I'd love to know.  There were many good natured groans when Linda showed her finished Camp Project..."Pandora."  How could she finish up so quickly they wanted to know?  I just say, "Lovely!"

I got a kick out of seeing all the different pincushions...this was a colorful felt cutie!
 Look at this Alaskan hunter pincushion.  That's real fur!
Someone brought this bread...have you ever had any?  CHOCOLATE bread!  Yum. It was from the Lolita Bakery.

I worked on several projects and here's one, a raggy Flag.  Just in time for 4th of July!

So many things I didn't get photos of: The yummy Pot Luck on Friday night, Sydney playing on her IPad and giving us all "cool" names (  Judy got to be Jude-Dude....me, I'm The GRAANNND Canyon...since I'm Grandma.  I don't know if I'm insulted or impressed?!?), walking to Rita's Taqueria and having dinner on Saturday night (I had the Shrimp Burrito).  So much fun!!! Wish you had come too.




1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks like tons of fun!! Congrats on your new Grandbaby coming soon...that is always such a special time!!...Have you had any more interest in your shop to get it sold?....Sounds like you are just waiting and enjoying life as you do!! God Bless, Karen