Saturday, June 22, 2013

Strawberry Pie!


Mr. Scottie Dog is putting the finishing touches on the remodel of our rental house in Fortuna, CA.  Just a few more hours inside and then a little clean-up outside and he'll be done.  That meant I was alone today at the house.

I sewed the blocks for our store's Summer Mystery Quilt.  Love the way it goes together!  No picture...it's a mystery.

I watched an episode of "Lark Rise to Candleford," on Amazon Prime. I'm trying out a free month long trial.  I've seen this series before and it's worth a second viewing.  It is an English series taking place in the mid 1800's.   Lark Rise is a "hamlet" (which I've learned is a small town of 50 or less inhabitants) and Candleford is a "market town."  I imagine it has about 200 living there.  

Then I did a load of laundry and cleaned up the kitchen.  Sounds industrious, I know, but then I proceeded to muss it up by making potato salad for a bar-b-que tomorrow and a fresh strawberry pie for Mr. Scottie Dog.  I figured he worked harder than I did and should have something special.

He said it was good and I should post a picture.



No comments: