Friday, August 29, 2008

Community Quilts Day

I belong to several quilt guilds, among them The Redwood Empire Quilters Guild (www.reqg.com). We have a Community Quilts program which provides quilts for Dialysis patients, for teen parents graduating from high school, for premature babies, for fire victims and more. Last Saturday we hosted guild members here at Scottie Dog Quilts to help the cause. We filled the classroom for most of the day. Here is Sharon S. She's in charge of the program this year and she does a fabulous job. She's so organized and has lots and lots of kits all made up of the donated fabrics, pre-cut so as to quickly sew up a top. Here are Pat D. & Jen D. (with her awesome little aqua Janome sewing machine). It's fun to get together and sew for a good cause. Thanks to all those who gathered. God bless you for your giving hearts.

3 comments:

jen duncan said...

Holy cow with my raised eyebrow! I never know how stern I look until I see these pictures. Oh well. It was a fun day and I feel lucky to get together with such great gals on a routine basis. Thanks for sharing your store, your stuff, and your time. :-)
xo, jen

Lisa said...

It's so awesome that you are a part of this. My daughter was given a quilt during her NICU stay as a baby. It was such a nice thing for someone to do!

Debi said...

It looks like everyone had a wonderful time and for a great list of charities. I am inviting you to participate in a Fall into Fall Quilters Blog giveaway that I am hosting. Come on over and check it out.