Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another Pieceful Day

Last weekend I had two entire days to sew with my friends. Not as a shop owner....just as BrendaLou, quilter. It was so much fun! I've mentioned Pieceful Day before. It keeps me sane. I got the top put together for a quilt we are donating to Arcata Christian School for their Spring Auction. I'll post a picture after it is quilted.
I made this awesome blue/purple batik purse project for our cruise.
I got the handles put on Tuesday. I'm making some accessories to go with it...I made a case for my glasses, a zippered bag and I'll make another.

Here are some of the fantastic things some of the gals were working on...don't I have a bunch of talented friends?

Judy brought in this quilt for her son. She'd gotten to the blue border. Her son wanted more blue so she was going to applique the 3 blue bordered blocks on top of 3 random blocks. After we all critiqued it and tried to talk her out of the applique, someone came up with the idea of dropping them randomly on top of the quilt. Awesome!!!!!! Then added another row of blocks. This quilt rocks.

Patti with her blue stars.
Paula's---don't you love the borders?
I think this was Pam's quilt.
Angie stopped by with Cade! Everything stopped...who can resist a cute little guy? He gave me a kiss.

And here's Robin....she designs patterns for Charm squares and Jelly Rolls. She has an awesome blog. Click here to read.
And tomorrow our retreat begins. So much to tell. Later.

No comments: