Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Held the Sign!





April 15, 2009
Tax Day.




Today we joined the estimated 1200-1500 other Humboldt County residents, held a sign, waved a flag, sang patriotic songs and stood up for our country. We stood against tyranny, pork spending, bailouts, trillions in spending putting us further and further in debt.

To watch the video, Click HERE.

There were young people, old people, toddlers, middle-agers, college students, bikers, bakers, truckers and teachers. There were even some Revolutionary soldiers and their ladies. We saw grocers, cowboys, lawyers, doctors, builders, artists, dog owners, Grandmas and Grandpas, quilters and singers. Speeches were spoken, the Constitution read, The Star Spangled Banner sung by the crowd. As the traffic slowed and drove by, they cheered, they honked their horns in agreement, waved their flags and gave us thumbs up. Only one middle finger was shown in the 2 1/2 hours I was there.

Mr. Scottie Dog and I made our signs last night.

I didn't want to use a glib phrase, I wanted to convey what I think is important and also lacking in many of our Congressmen. So I just listed some of the 12 principles this country was founded upon.

Of course I had a flag. I had gotten two of them last week. The two gals who organized this Tea Party gave out 500 flags...not every one got one. Many people brought their own flags...tiny ones, huge ones, Betsy Ross flags and modern versions. Afterwards I gave my flag to Sydney. She was so excited to get it. I think she thinks there will soon be a parade.

Thank you for all the supportive emails (and the one trying to convince me I had it all wrong), phone calls and messages.

For now, I feel good. I acted on a conviction. It's probably not the end for me, but for now.....I'll get back to quilting.

No comments: