Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A little bit of sewing


Lots of sewing has been going on at Redwood Sewing Center.  I've taught a few classes and of course every Tuesday morning I host a Sit & Sew from 10-2 pm.  We have lots of fun and everyone works on different projects.  



For the past two months I've been teaching three classes of The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt.  Each month we get together and make 10 or 11 of the blocks in the book.  All blocks are 6" square and there are 111 blocks in the book.  I'm so proud of my gals.  Here are many of the first month's blocks from one class.

 I love the variety of fabrics everyone is using!

 One night when our small quilt group of ladies was getting together to sew Sydney came along.  She wanted to sew too so her mom set her up on the Singer Featherweight and had her sew.
 








Sydney's first 9-Patch! Perfect 1/4" seams!


  What do you think of Sydney's block.  Grandma thought it was perfect!

 

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

It is perfect! And look how proud she is! Sweet.