Saturday, February 28, 2009

From Tanya

I recently received a package from Japan. It was from Tanya. Tanya and I "met" on the internet. She has lived in Japan for many, many years raising a son and a daughter, both now going to college in the USA. I enjoy her blog immensly, learning about Japanese Cluture, quilting and more. Awhile back Tanya mentioned that Batik fabrics were hard to find in Japan. So, since I own a quilt shop that has a huge selection of Batiks, I cut her a bunch of 1/3 yard cuts. It was the least I could do when I derived so much enjoyment from her blog. A few others sent Tanya some Batiks too and she made this wonderful Winding Ways quilt.
Imagine my surprise when this package arrived in my mailbox. I wasn't expecting anything. There was a sheet of Japanese Cherry Blossom stickers and an Cherry Blossom Embroidery kit and thread. I haven't done much embroidery for a long time. I'm excited to get started. We just ordered some new Asian prints from Kona Bay Fabrics and one is a pink and cream Cherry Blossom fabric. I think I'll make a pillow.

Again, thank you, Tanya! My kitties say "Meow" to your kitties!

No comments: