Thursday, June 4, 2009

Even an Old Dog Can Learn New Tricks

I promised yesterday a picture of the Eureka! quilt Liz had made and I was putting the border on. Thursday mornings Scottie Dog Quilts has a Sit & Sew from 10-2 pm and the classroom is always hopping, full of sewers, laughter, good friends and good food. I miss out because I
don't come in on Thursdays until 2:30 or 2 pm. But today I was early enough to see what everyone was doing. After everyone left I tried to get the rest of the borders on, but I only got them on three sides. So here is the sample quilt for the class I'm teaching.
Eureka! Pattern by Maple Creek Quilts
Wednesday June 10 10-4 pm

Call the store for more details. (707) 444-9662. You will learn how to cut (and sew!) free motion curves. You will want to use his technique for quilts, tablerunners, placemats and more.
We've used Makena Ryan's newest line of fabrics here with some batiks and tone-on-tone fabrics.

This is the Eureka! Quilt I showed you a couple of weeks ago made by my daughter Beka in Minnesota. She used Asians and a black-on-black. Every quilt is different, every one a work of art.
Even an old dog can learn new tricks! Try it and you'll like it.

No comments: