Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wallet & Grommet

Thursday night I gathered a bunch of my friends (and store employees) to make bags using a new pattern I had tried and liked. These are talented and creative women so I knew they'd come up with beauties. The pattern is called "Wallet & Grommet" by Debbie Bowles of Maple Island Quilts (remember her from "Eureka!" pattern we made in Minnesota).
Cute pattern, huh?


The classroom was turned into a little sweat shop here with Lynn on the iron and Katie sewing away on her bag.


Larissa made her bag much bigger and added a strip of textured fabric, turned down the top and added a tabbed D-ring for her keys.


This is my finished bag....2" bigger and taller than the original and my lower bag uses "Texture Magic" to create the shirred fabric. This stuff is really magic. You use a steam iron to shrink it 30% and create the shirring. Come into the store to see the samples.
Can't wait to see all the bags


2 comments:

Beka and Jason Haché said...

I can't wait to get me some grommets!!! Those bags are so cool!!!

TnT said...

those bags are awesome! i love how you tied your straps in a knot! super cute-- and totally practical!