Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas.....

October is here....Sydney said she was cold today and I told her it wasn't Summer any more. "Why not, Gwandma?" So I tried to explain it was Fall. "Who falled down, Gwandma?" Then I tried to tell her that the leaves turn colors and "fall down" from the trees (sounds good, doesn't it?). But the tree in front of us had fully green leaves (they probably won't turn for a couple of months). I smartly changed the subject.

Tonight my son-in-law posted his FaceBook Status as:

Jason Hache is listening to Christmas Music.....I'm sorry, I tried to fight it as long as I could, but "baby it's cold outside."

Now, I like Christmas music as much as most people....actually I like it more than most people and would be glad to be listening to it along side of him but it does bring up the panicked question: How many days until Christmas?

Let's see...today is Oct. 1. 30 days has September, April, June....OK, 31 Days in Oct. plus 30 days in November and then add 25 days for December.....YIKES! it's 85 days till Christmas. I'd better get working on those gifts, decorating and .......well, what about Christmas Cookies.

This morning I woke up to this:




My Christmas Cactus is in full bloom.....on October 1. Jason, I can hear it now......It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.......

1 comment:

Jana said...

Your Christmas Cactus is so pur-tee... mine has yet to bloom!!