Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What I did on my Summer Vacation

It seems that every year in September when school would start we would be assigned a speech or an essay entitled: "What I did on my Summer Vacation." My family went camping. Tent camping mostly but in Jr. High my dad bought my uncle's tent trailer. I think it was a Coleman brand. We'd go to Yellowstone National Park nearly every other year and then go to Mammoth Lakes, Mt. Shasta, Big Bear Lake...anywhere you could fish, roast marshmallows over a fire, hike and enjoy the outdoors.

Mr. Scottie Dog and I have had many adventures but this Summer we hitched up our trailer and drove across the country to Minnesota to visit the grands. We said goodbye to Sydney the end of May and drove through Susanville, CA, Reno Nevada...coming to the Rocky Mountains. Still a lot of snow!We drove through Salt Lake City, Utah and into Wyoming. At Fort Bridger we toured the Fort and Trading Post, then posed by a Callistoga Wagon actually sitting on the Oregon Trail.

In Minnesota I met up with two dear quilting friends, Ann and Carol at the Minnesota State Quilting Guild Show in St. Paul.What fun we had checking out all the wonderful quilts, buying fabric and sewing goodies. Beka met us for dinner at Dixies on Grand. Oh, my! I remember I had a seafood pot pie with a crab cake crust!It was wonderful being with Beka, Jason and the grands for nearly a month. We went on picnics.We went to Split Rock Lighthouse.We went camping at Duluth.and that's just the start of the story. More tomorrow.

No comments: