Saturday, December 13, 2008

Guild Party

My life has been full of holiday parties and events. Thursday night Liz and I attended the Redwood Empire Quilters Guild Holiday Party. We brought our goodies (Liz makes the most awesome fudge--rocky road this time), several doll quilts for the Salvation Army and a basket full of Fat Quarters for all the members. Each Christmas I load up a basket of a variety of Fat Quarters from our store and we give one to each member of the Guild. Just a little gift from us. No strings attached, just a Merry Christmas and thanks for helping to promote quilting.
When we got there our 2009 Opportunity Quilt was hanging. Oh, my it's beautiful! All batiks in several different NY Beauty-style blocks. Denise Witte of McKinleyville, CA did the quilting. Each block is quilted differently! I got my packet of tickets to sell. They are selling for $1 each or 6 for $5. If any of you want them let me know and I'll make arrangements. Just email me at ScottieDogQuilts@aol.com The drawing will be held at the guild's 2009 Quilt Show in July 2009. But watch out! I'm buying lots of tickets because I'd love to have this one!
It was fun to see Pat Durbin and Jen Duncan both very talented women. Pat is working on a new book for That Patchwork Place and be sure to check out Jen's Etsy Store! The food was unbelievable....Kenny Fleck showed up with Bridgett..."I always come at Christmas," he said, "This is the best potluck in town!"
As usual, show and tell was awesome...I was so interested I forgot to take pictures.

No comments: