Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Batiks arrived!

Do you like batiks? Those luscious, glowing, hand dyed in Bali fabrics? At Scottie Dog Quilts we LOVE batiks. Today 22 new Hoffman Batiks arrived at 11 am. The Tuesday morning Drop-In class was in full swing....Judy and Paula were working on bordering some quilt tops, Del put some Buggy Barn Hearts & Stars blocks together, Sheila and Bridgette worked on backings and blocks. Barb was sewing a Smart Bag and Donna was ...well, I'm sure she was working on something, but I've forgotten just what it was....but within fifteen minutes of unpacking the boxes from Hoffman these bolts were smaller.One bolt of a very light blue Bali Hand dye came with 18 yards on it and soon it was down to 5 yards. Guess we need to reorder that one tomorrow.
I love these new bolts..the prints are unbelievable. I like the "ginkgo leaf" print. We got it in orange and salmon, blue & periwinkle and black, brown & taupe. WOW.


Here are some more of the batiks.....I am trying to think about what I want to make first.


4 comments:

Amanda Elizabeth said...

ohhh wow. I'll never hear the end of it from Paula, but theres a batik I think I might need!!!!

jen duncan said...

YAY! Just in time for me needing some. Can you believe I'm a batik virgin? Oh gosh. I hope I don't get addicted! LOL. I'll definitely see you manana.

Hannah said...

So pretty! Makes me wish I lived a little closer.

BevH said...

Those batiks are luscious. Especially like the periwinkle gingko in the second photo. That that brown/black sunflower is unusual! You and Liz have the best taste in fabrics!