Friday, March 11, 2016

And Time Marches On!

Long time, no blog!  I know, I know I've been silent too long.  I've been asked again and again what adventures Mr. Scottie Dog and I are on...and the truth is that we are still in Eureka. Just two more walls to paint and two rooms to carpet and the remodel will be done and the house will go on the market, right?  Well, the answer is maybe.  Maybe it's already sold, maybe not.
To backtrack, we took a lovely trip to Gold Beach, OR for my birthday in January.

 

 


Ireland's has many different kinds of accommodations and over the years we have stayed at the RV Park on the beach, a newer lodge room with an Ocean view, a regular motel room and our favorite places to stay is in one of their eight rustic cabins.  These were originally built in the late 30's and are so charming.  We stayed in #5 and our table had a view of the Pacific and their beautiful gardens,  Despite it being the beginning of January we were able to utilize their barbecue and Mr. Scottie Dog cooked up steak and lobster! Each cabin is well-stocked with firewood and of course we enjoyed the fireplace. Oh, joy.  It was a grand time to get away.

I've  been sewing quite a bit since I came back to Eureka.  One project has been a quilt for Anastacia for her 5th birthday in October. Anastacia likes all things orange, owls and the chickens that live at their house.  So this quilt has lots of orange chickens, an orange owl and lots more orange things.
Here is a chicken (obviously NOT orange) sitting on a nest. I know they look like French fries now, but after the quilt is washed they will fray and look more like a cozy straw nest.  If you lift up this chicken's wing, you will find small orange baby chicks. 

More sewing pictures tomorrow.



No comments: