Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Queen BrendaLou

I told you about how I'd been crowned Queen of the Patchwork Finishers' Club. Today Laura brought in a crown for me to wear. She paid the Big Bucks for it at Target ($1.00!). Of course it was really made for a tiny tot like 3 year-old Sydney, so it's only sitting on my head. Tomorrow I think I'm going to get a REAL Tiara at Michael's. I have a 40% off coupon.

Sydney is staying with us for a few days. Liz, Crystal, Margie & Jenny left at "the crack of dawn-thirty" this morning for Sisters, OR for the BIG outdoor Quilt Show. Margie is taking a class tomorrow and the rest are sewing up a storm in the house they rented. Liz and Crystal were at the shop yesterday cutting up loads of their 30's stash with the AccuCut Machine. Zip-Zop they were done in a minute (or 10!).

Syd was missing her mom and got a bit teary-eyed when she got up from her nap so I told her she should ask Grandpa to take us to Fresh Freeze (for those of you who don't live in our area....it's a 1950's drive-in type place. Hasn't changed since 1959) for an ice cream cone. She brightened right up and we piled in the car for soft serve cones. Sydney ate every drop!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your "finishing". Wow, 10 in one month. I just finally finished yesterday a Christmas quilt I started about 8 years ago from fabrics I bought in MI while visiting my oldest daughter. I will look forward to using/hanging it this Christmas.

Have been enjoying your blog.

Kathie

Beka and Jason Haché said...

yum, fresh freeze!

Anonymous said...

Judy Palmer says "Ice cream fixes almost EVERYTHING!!!" - except maybe obesity in me!