Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Quilters know how to Party!

What does a quilter do when she turns 60??? Does she hide at home feeling sorry for herself? NO WAY! Our friend Stephanie is a Quilting Diva, a child of the 60's who knows that turning 60 is just the beginning. After all, isn't 60 the new 40? So Stephanie invited "just a few" quilting friends to join her at Scottie Dog Quilts on Sunday for a Birthday Bash. We all brought "a little something" for the table.



Now if you're a quilter you know that we like to do 3 things:

QUILT
TALK
EAT

You can see by the pictures that we had plenty to eat....we certainly didn't go hungry. Stephanie is such a talented artist and made a beautiful collage for each of us and didn't forget to provide us with THE MOST IMPORTANT food of all....the chocolate!













The cake was from Ramone's Bakery. UMMMM.
Everyone had made Stephanie a 12" quilt block using Batiks. Almost all of them had turquoise in them. The rest had orange. Remember when we went to Quilt Market in May we told you the new colors were Turquoise & Tangerine. Stephanie's 60th birthday quilt will be right in style. Of course there were lots of packages to open, lots of funny cards, lots of laughter and even a little sewing! Lynn worked on button hole stitching a Jean Well's project from long, long ago; Laura finished a store sample; Judy was binding a quilt; and so on.......Happy Birthday Stephanie! We love you.

2 comments:

jen duncan said...

I'm not sure I know who Stephanie is but it sure looks like y'all had a great time!!

Anonymous said...

I was sooo sad I couldn't make it to the party. I woke up sicker than the devil....that's even sicker than a dog! So I was in bed all day. But I did send my wonderful hubby over with his creations so the girls wouldn't be hungry. I am so luck to have him. He cooks for all my sewing parties. I think the girls look forward to his goodies as much as seeing me!
Anyway Stephani I hope you had a great time. I want to hear all about it.
Love
Cathy