Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Saturday in Minnesota

I spent Saturday morning with the grandbabies while Beka and Jason went on their newspaper run (they deliver bundles of newspapers to various stores and gas stations. We had fun, watched a little PBS TV kids shows, read some books and tickled each other.

After lunchtime they came home and Beka and I made Baklava. Lots of Baklava.....Baklava for 120! Here it is in the kitchen. Looks good, right? Um, um...it tasted heavenly! On Sunday we (with the help of several Bethany College students) served a "Taste of the Mediterranean" luncheon as a fundraiser for the Bethany College Library. Spaghetti with Pesto, Pene Pasta with marinara, garlic bread, antipasto plate. It was a luscious meal.


















Here's a close-up of the Baklava. Mouth watering yet?



















I'm going to make this again. We had a great recipe and it was really easy. Mr. Scottie Dog likes Baklava so I guess I'd better make some for him.

No comments: