Monday, November 3, 2008

Last Market Update

I keep getting asked, "When are you going to tell us more about Quilt Market?" So I thought I'd post the last pictures.

Who am I posing with here? This is Brenda Lou from Whistlepig Creek Patterns (and yes, there IS a Whistlepig Creek), I think in Colorado where the pattern company is located). I've never met another BrendaLou before. Most Brenda's seem to be Brenda Lee's.

It wouldn't be Quilt Market if I didn't connect with my good friend Jo Morton. She came to Eureka to teach the first year I opened the store and we've kept in touch. She has a new book out and of course a new Civil War Vintage fabric line with Andover Fabrics.




Eleanor Burns (with son, Orion) is always fun--
-this year her crew were all wearing these brightly colored "pony tails." See the Scottie Dog on the quilt in the background? We ordered the new Eleanor Burns Big, Big Flying Goose Ruler and we expect Eleanor's Trunk Show for her book, Victory Quilts to arrive any day now at the store.

Next I'm posing with the "Vampire Couple." Dennis and Julia are with P&B Fabrics and they always dress up one day at Market. You usually find Dennis in a big black cowboy hat, until he dresses up. One year they were Fred & Lily Munster. Last year Dennis was a Red Hat Lady! I've never seen such large high heels before! As I've said before, "You never know what you'll find at Quilt Market!"




Isn't this booth beautiful, calm and serene. These colors of green, aqua and cream were seen in many booths.....fabrics, sample quilts and patterns.

So there you have it....Quilt Market 2008. Until next October.



No comments: